Aloe vera: Stephen helped to create the world’s largest functional medicinal plant library, and states: “Out of more than 18,000 plants in our collection, aloe is number 1, for it’s wide range of benefits, safety and efficacy. It plays a dual role in this formulation: soothing and healing for the skin, and as a carrier to deliver the other active ingredients into the areas where they can do the most good.
Hemp Oil: In the late 1980’s scientists were surprised to find that many tissues in the human body have receptors or binding sites for plant compounds known as cannabinoids or CBD’s. This large group of receptors, now known as the endocannabinoid system, influences regulatory mechanisms including mood, sleep, appetite, pain and immunity. Since the hemp plant is currently the only plant species with high levels of CBD’s, a great deal of research is now being conducted on the benefits of CBD-rich hemp oil. Importantly, the oil used in Relief Rx contains no psychoactive compounds.
White Willow Extract: Wilow extract contains salicin, which has been used for thousands of years, and its topical application has been researched extensively in regards to pain, inflammation and the aging process.
Ionic trace Minerals: An ion is a mineral or element that has a positive or negative charge. That means the element has either too many or too few electrons. This unstable ionic state allows the element to bond readily with water, and to provide electrical “signals” that contribute to the effectiveness of Relief Rx.
- Int J Cosmet Sci. 2011 Oct;33(5):416-20. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-2494.2011.00645.x. Salicin [from white willow] regulates the expression of functional ‘youth gene clusters’ to reflect a more youthful gene expression profile. Gopaul R1, Knaggs HE, Lephart J.
- J Cosmet Dermatol. 2010 Sep;9(3):196-201. doi: 10.1111/j.1473-2165.2010.00512.x. An evaluation of the effect of a topical product containing salicin on the visible signs of human skin aging. Gopaul R1, Knaggs HE, Lephart JF, Holley KC, Gibson EM.
- J Altern Complement Med. 2017 Jun 15. doi: 10.1089/acm.2017.0047. Successful Treatment of Acute Radiation Proctitis with Aloe Vera: A Preliminary Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. Sahebnasagh A, Ghasemi A, Akbari J, Alipour A, Lashkardoost H, Ala S, Salehifar E.
- Beneficial Effects of Aloe on Wound Healing, Cell Proliferation, and Differentiation of Epidermal Keratinocytes. PLoS One. 2016 Oct 13;11(10):e0164799. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0164799. Moriyama M, Moriyama H, et al
- Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis. Hammell DC, Zhang LP, et al. Eur J Pain. 2016 Jul;20(6):936-48. doi: 10.1002/ejp.818.